How to choose Highbay Led Lights ?
In homes, offices, and now in many public areas as well, the old lights have been replaced with LED lights of different kinds. There are LED variants available for almost everything including HighBay LED lights used in the industrial sector such as retail stores, warehouses, and storages.
Consider the Application Scenarios
To make any space properly illuminated, you’ll need the right amount of light. When Searching a LED High Bay light, you should clearly know where you’ll be using it.
- Storage:For storage space, a light with 300 lux is sufficient.
- Warehouse:Lights with 500 lux are optimal to make the supervisors feel comfortable working in the warehouse without straining their eyes much.
- Retail Store:Retail store owners should install a high bay LED light with at least 800 lux. Remember, the brighter your store looks, the more customers you’re likely to get.
Consider the Wattage and Lumens
In terms of power consumption (wattage), we don’t need to worry a lot as the LED lights save a substantial amount of energy. Therefore, we will be just focusing on the lumens of lights installed at different heights.
- If you plan to install a High Bay LED light at the height of 10 to 15 feet then you should get lights with 10,000 to 15,000 lumens.
- For 15 to 20 feet, lights with 16,000 to 20,000 lumens are recommended.
- For the height of 25 to 35 feet, you can get lights with 33,000 lumens for the best result.
Consider Proper Space Between Lights
Just one light won’t do all the work for you. You’ll have to install many lights, especially if you have a bigger space, and it’s important to maintain proper spacing between them.
- A gap of 12 feet in between High Bay LED lights is recommended for lights at a height of 15 feet.
- For lights at 20 feet above the ground, there should be a 15 feet gap between them.
- If the lights are 30 feet high then there should be a 20 to 25 feet gap in between.
Consider How Many Lights Installed
It completely depends on the size of your space. The bigger it is, the more lights you’ll need. Our Lightdot Team can recommend the suitable lights quantity according to your space length, width, height.
Kind of Lights
You can find High Bay LED lights in a variety of shapes such as round (UFO High Bay Lights) and longer ones (LED Linear High Bay lights).
- Round high bay lights:At a height of 15 feet, we recommend round as they finely spread the light and are easier to install.
- Linear highbay lights:These are ideal for areas with aisles. At lower heights, you can select the wide angle style Linear High Bay LED lights.